Everybody who has had the chance of travelling to Italy and savouring the food at a local restaurant surely has instantly fallen in love with the Italian cuisine. There is obviously a reason why Italian fare ranks among the most popular food in many countries around the world – this is true for Singapore as well. Next to Japanese food, the Italian fare it the most popular foreign cuisine on the little red dot.
Recreating the food at home is often not easy – especially after eating it in Italy. However, creating some nice Italian food should not be impossible with good healthy recipes. Getting started with our series of healthy recipes, we bring you Riso Pollo e Limone – Chicken and Lemon Risotto served with Fresh Herbs.
Check the Menu: Home Italian Feast
Riso Pollo e Limone (Chicken Risotto)
Ingredients for 2 people:
– 130 gr. of Rice
– 350/400 gr. of Chicken Breast
– 1 Lemon
– Fresh Herbs
– Cooking stock
– 1 Small Onion
– Olive Oil
– Boiling water
1. Start by slicing the small onion and frying them with olive oil in the pan until they start to become brown.
2. Chope the chicken breast into smaller cube-like pieces. Add the pieces then to the onions in the frying pan. If you are unfamiliar with cooking chicken – the chicken is ready when it turns white. Best to let it become a little golden-brown on the outside, then you know that it’s done for sure.
3. Add also the juice of 1 lemon right after the chicken. Let it do it’s magic for about 1 minute before you add the rice as well.
4. Sauté (fried quickly in a little hot fat) the rice for a minute. Do stir it a little in order to avoid clusters.
5. Stretch the mix with the boiling water and cook over medium heat, while stirring occasionally, until the rice is cooked.
6. Serve and decorate as you please with grated lemon peel and the fresh herbs.
Other Dinner Inspiration: